Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
If you want the best dinner to serve tonight, then this is it! This Dorito Casserole is my ultimate comfort food! You and your loved ones are going to enjoy this very delicious dish. I am sure of that!
2 c finely crushed Doritos
1 tsp minced garlic
1 c loosely crushed Doritos
½ yellow onion diced
12 oz. bag of frozen corn
1 packet of taco seasoning
14.5 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes with green chillies NOT drained
1 lb. lean ground beef
3 c Mexican blend cheese
1 c sour cream
Sliced green onions diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, sour cream for garnish (optional)
I added one cup of black beans- optional
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
3. Add the chips inside a plastic bag, then use your hands to crush them.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
6. Add the onions and saute until soft. Discard any accumulated fat.
7. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic. Remove from the stove.
8. Add the taco seasoning, frozen corn, 2 cups of crushed chips, and tomatoes with chilis into the skillet. Stir until well blended.
9. Add 2 cups of cheese and sour cream, then stir until well blended.
10. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and spread it evenly.
11. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
12. Sprinkle 2 more cups of cheese on top and the crushed Doritos. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns golden brown.
13. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 928mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 896IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 612mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!