Prep: 20min | Cook: 41mins | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 1hr 21 mins | Serving: 24 | Yield: 1 12×18-inch pan
A decadent brownie recipe with a twist on the bacon. For any event, this is a perfect dessert and will be a crowd-pleaser. Try this recipe for Dr. Pepper® Bacon Brownies, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) serving cooking spray
(1) (12 fl oz) can of caffeinate pepper-type soda (such as Dr. Pepper®)
1 cup butter
(12) strips bacon, chopped
(2) cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
¼ cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
½ cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
(1) (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
½ cup butter
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
(1) (16 oz) package confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12×18-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Add and combine a cup pepper-type soda and a cup butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, and then heat until butter melts for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Add and place bacon and cook for 8 minutes until evenly browned in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, and then drain on paper towels.
4. Add and mix flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
5. Add and whisk buttermilk, vanilla extract, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Add and pour flour mixture; mix until batter is blended.
6. Add butter mixture, 1/3 of the bacon, and chocolate chips; mix thoroughly. Spread in the prepared pan.
7. Bake it until the top is dry and edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Add and combine 6 tbsp pepper-type soda, 1/2 cup butter, and 3 tbsp of cocoa powder in a saucepan, let it boil, and then take it away from the heat. Add 1/2 of remaining bacon and confectioners’ sugar, and then add and whisk until frosting is smooth.
9. Add and spread frosting over brownies. Garnish with remaining bacon. Cool until frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Cut into squares.
Per Serving: 390.9 calories; 40.6 mg cholesterol; 370.1 mg sodium; 4.4 g protein; 54.6 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!