Servings: 8 | Yield: 1 pie
This Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel isn’t your typical pie, and it’s incredibly rich and decadent with the cream added to the apple filling. The creamy filling of apple pie sets it apart from all your regular apple pie, and it’s sweet, buttery streusel topping adds a crunchy texture, and it tastes delicious, and making it so simple. Try this recipe for Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(1) (9 inches) pie shell
5 cups apples – peeled, cored and sliced
2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
⅔ cup white sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground allspice
2 tbsp butter
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup rolled oats
1 tsp lemon zest
½ cup butter
1. Prepare the oven, preheat 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Fit the pastry shell into the pie pan and place it in the freezer.
2. To Make Apple Filling: Place apples in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, add and combine 2 tbsp of flour, white sugar, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix well, then add to apples, and then toss until apples are coats evenly.
3. Remove the pie shell from the freezer. Add and place apple mixture in pie shell and dot with 2 tbsp of butter or margarine. Then lay a sheet of aluminum foil lightly on top of the filling, but do not seal.
4. In the preheated oven, bake it for 10 minutes.
5. While the filling is baking, make Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, and lemon peel. Mix thoroughly, then cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Then remove the filling from the oven and sprinkle streusel on top.
6. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake it until streusel turns brown, and apples are tender an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Then cover it loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning.
Per Serving: 440.8 calories; fat 20.4g 31% DV; cholesterol 38.1mg 13% DV; sodium 209.8mg 8% DV; protein 3.5g 7% DV; carbohydrates 63.4g 21% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!