I love one-bowl recipes, and this one is no exception. You spread the cream cheese frosting over it while it’s still hot. The frosting melts and seeps into the cake making it a little gooey and dense.
THERE IS NO BUTTER OR OIL IN THE CAKE, BUT SO AS NOT TO MISLEAD ANYONE, THERE IS BUTTER IN THE FROSTING
2 c all-purpose flour
2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
1 can(s) crushed pineapple (undrained) in its own juice – not syrup, 20 oz.
1 c chopped nuts, optional
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 c butter or 1 stick
1 pkg cream cheese, softened, 8 oz.
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c confectioners’ sugar
shredded coconut for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put all the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of the cake ingredients together.
4. Pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 – 40 minutes (until the top is golden brown).
6. For the frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until creamy.
7. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
8. Blend until frosting is mixed well.
The Original “Easiest Pineapple Cake” 9. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting while still warm.
10. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!