Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
Oh, my! I am so glad that I gave this recipe a try because I never would have tasted perfection! This Ham and Potato Soup recipe is a must-try! A big thanks to my dear friend, Arya, for this awesome recipe! By the way, as perfect as this recipe is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this simple recipe even better! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you all love and appreciate this. Enjoy!
3 1/2 c (about 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced medium
1 1/2 c (9ounces) cooked honey ham, diced medium*
1/2 c celery diced small
1/2 c onion diced small
4 c (2 15ounces cans) chicken broth
5 tbsp butter
1/4 c and 1 tablespoon (44g) all-purpose flour
2 c milk, (any percentage)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Add the potatoes, ham, onions, chicken broth, and celery into a large pot. Stir until just mixed.
2. Place it on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Allow the mixture to boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Remove from the heat.
For the Roux:
1. Place a medium saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add flour and whisk until golden brown. This usually takes about a minute.
4. Add the milk gradually and stir every addition until well mixed and thick.
5. Transfer the milk and flour mixture into the roux and stir until well combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Feel free to use regular cooked ham for this recipe.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!