Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
The sauce alone of this dish is more than enough to let you know that you are in for a treat! Ready in about 30 minutes, this recipe is surely a must-try! Serve it with noodles or rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
½ red bell pepper
½ green bell pepper
¾ c baby carrots, quartered
2 c broccoli florets
2 sticks celery, diced
White Pepper/Salt, to taste
1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
½ c onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp Sweet and Sour Sauce, I use La Choy brand
1 tbsp Honey
¼ c chicken broth
¼ tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1-2 pinches red pepper flakes, optional
2 tbsp Cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
Cashews, peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds, crunchy chow mein noodles
1. Add water and cornstarch into a large bowl, then whisk until well mixed.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, then whisk again until well blended.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add peanut oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add garlic and onions, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and translucent.
6. Turn the heat up to medium-high heat, then add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes just until brown.
7. Add the broccoli, then cook for 2 more minutes or until tender.
8. Add the rest of the veggies, then cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Pour in the sauce and stir until well mixed. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
10. Toss everything until well combined.
11. Remove the skillet from the stove.
12. Add the garnishes on top.
13. Serve and enjoy!
You can use ground chicken, beef tips, ground turkey, or sausage.
Calories: 316 kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 1043mg, Potassium: 770mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 4165IU, Vitamin C: 77mg, Calcium: 52mg, Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!