Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs 10 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This chili recipe will surely be the best thing you will ever try today! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2-lb lean ground beef
1 lb pork sausage
1/4 c red wine vinegar
14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
4 c tomato juice
1 c ketchup
2 15-oz cans of pinto beans, undrained
16 oz can kidney beans, undrained
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp chili powder
¾ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne (or more if you want it spicier)
Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
4. Add the ground beef and sausage. Cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown. Discard any excess grease.
5. Add vinegar and cook for about a minute undisturbed.
6. Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, beans, ketchup, chili powder, garlic salt, brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
7. Allow the mixture to boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer everything for about an hour to three hours. Make sure to stir from time to time.
8. Ladle the chili into serving bowls and top each with a dollop of sour cream and a generous amount of cheese.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This dish is best served with biscuits, cornbread, and green salad.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then put them inside the freezer. They can last up to 3 months.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 1488mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 2103IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 7mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!