Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Rest Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This lasagna recipe will always be my favourite! Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Don’t forget to share this with your peers as well. I am sure that they are going to love it as much as we do. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
12 lasagna noodles uncooked
4 c mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
½ c parmesan cheese shredded and divided
½ lb lean ground beef
½ lb Italian sausage
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
36 oz pasta sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 c ricotta cheese
¼ c fresh parsley chopped
1 Egg beaten
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot with salted water on the stove and turn the heat to high, then allow the water to boil.
3. Add the pasta and cook for a few minutes until firm to bite or al dente.
4. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add the sausage, beef, garlic, and onion. Cook until brown and aromatic. Discard any excess grease.
7. Add tomato paste, pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. In a mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, ricotta, and parsley. Stir until well combined.
9. Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
10. Top the meat sauce with 3 lasagna noodles.
11. Add 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of meat sauce over the noodles.
12. Repeat the process until all ingredients are arranged in layers ending with the meat sauce.
13. Cover the baking pan with aluminium foil.
14. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
15. Remove the foil cover and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
16. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns brown.
17. Remove from the oven and allow the lasagna to cool for a few minutes.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 377 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 857mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 526mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!