Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Chicken and mushrooms smothered in a delicious sauce; this recipe is to die for! All you need is 40 minutes of your precious time, and you are ready for serving! A total family favorite, this dish never gets old for us! I have listed all the simple ingredients and easy steps, so you just need to follow them for they will guide you to perfection! Everything about this dish is simply the best. For the chicken to the sauce, you will surely love it!
½ c mushrooms, sliced
1 c Mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1 c marinara sauce
¼ tsp salt
½ tbsp Italian seasoning
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Put the chicken breasts into a casserole dish and arrange them in a single layer.
3. Sprinkle salt and Italian seasoning over the chicken breasts, then toss until well coated.
4. Add mushroom slices over each breast.
5. Top each chicken breast with marinara sauce.
6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
7. Place the casserole dish inside the preheated oven and bake the chicken breasts for about 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
8. Broil for a few minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let the chicken breasts rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve and enjoy!
You can use either boneless chicken thighs or breasts for this recipe.
You can also use homemade tomato sauce for this recipe.
Feel free to use Mozzarella cheese, Asiago, Pecorino Romano cheese, or Parmesan cheese.
Choose between oyster mushrooms or shitake mushrooms.
Cooking time varies on the thickness of the chicken.
Calories 360 Fat 12g 18% Saturated Fat 4g 25% Cholesterol 166mg 55% Sodium 904mg 39% Potassium 1098mg 31% Carbohydrates 4g 1% Fiber1 g 4% Sugar 3g 3% Protein 55g 110% Vitamin A 520IU 10% Vitamin C 7.3mg 9% Calcium 171mg 17% Iron 1.9mg 11%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!