Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 18 mins | Rise Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 28 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These Easy Small-batch Cinnamon Rolls never fail to make me smile! Every bite is just too perfect that you would want to eat everything! Try this recipe now I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today. Enjoy!
1 tbsp (13g) granulated sugar plus a pinch for proofing yeast
1 large Egg yolk
1 c and 1 tablespoon (150g) of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (28g) salted butter melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp active dry yeast
¼ tsp salt
⅓ c milk any percentage
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp (28g) salted butter softened
⅓ c (66g) packed brown sugar
3 tbsp (42g) salted butter softened
½ tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1 c (120g) powdered sugar
3 oz. cream cheese softened
For the Dough:
1. Add milk into a heat-proof bowl. Place it inside the microwave and heat for 20 seconds.
2. Remove from the microwave, then add a pinch of sugar and yeast. Stir until well blended. Allow it to rise for at least 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture, egg yolk, melted butter, milk, salt, and sugar. Stir until well blended.
4. Add flour, then whisk until well mixed.
5. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Knead about 15 times and shape it into a ball.
6. Apply cooking spray to a large bowl, then place the dough in it. Cover with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
7. In a mixing bowl, add cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir until well blended.
8. Transfer the dough onto the floured surface again, then use a rolling pin to flatten it to a 5×15-inches rectangle.
9. Add butter over the dough and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top of the butter.
11. Roll the dough from end to end. Slice it into 4 parts.
12. Apply cooking spray to a 7-inch baking dish.
13. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
14. Arrange the rolls into the prepared baking dish. Make sure to leave a small space between each roll.
15. Cover the rolls with a damp towel and allow them to rise for another hour at room temperature.
16. Place the rolls inside the preheated oven and bake for about 22 minutes.
17. Remove the rolls from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature for at least 5 minutes.
For the Frosting:
1. Add butter, softened cream cheese, salt, sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
2. Add the frosting over the rolls and spread it evenly.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to make these rolls the night before. Just place them inside the fridge overnight after they have risen.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 22 minutes
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!