Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 10 Servings
You will surely love this cake loaded with refreshing strawberries! What I love the most about this is the strawberry syrup. It makes every bite breathtaking! I am so excited for you to try this recipe. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cake Ingredients:
2 c all-purpose flour, (*measured correctly)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 c granulated sugar
12 ounces strawberries, hulled
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 c light olive oil, or vegetable oil
1 c sour cream
1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 c granulated sugar, or to taste
16 ounces strawberries, hulled and halved
For the Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Brush a 9-inch springform pan with butter, then line it with parchment paper.
3. Slice 6 ounces of the strawberries into cubes, then slice the rest into two.
4. Add 1 cup sugar and 2 eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer, then beat on high speed for about 5 minutes or until well blended and smooth.
5. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup of oil. Beat until well blended.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, add 1/4 tsp salt, 2 cups flour, and 2 teaspoons baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
7. Transfer the flour mixture into the bowl with the batter, then beat until well mixed.
8. Add 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
9. Scatter the diced strawberries on top of the batter.
10. Add the strawberry halves onto the surface of the batter.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
12. Remove from the oven and let the cake rest for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
13. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
14. Drizzle each slice with the strawberry syrup.
15. Serve and enjoy!
For the Strawberry Sauce:
1. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 16 ounces of strawberries into a blender. Pulse until pureed.
Calories 368 | Calories from Fat 144 | Fat 16g25% | Saturated Fat 4g25% | Cholesterol 44mg15% | Sodium 91mg4% | Potassium 293mg8% | Carbohydrates 51g17% | Fiber 2g8% | Sugar 29g32% | Protein 4g8% | Vitamin A 195IU4% | Vitamin C 46.9 mg57% | Calcium 90mg9% | Iron 1.8 mg10%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!