Prep Time: 2 hrs | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 35 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
Nothing compares to this delicious Eggnog Cake! In less than an hour, you will have the best cake ever! Layers and layers of luscious flavours in one special cake! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will not disappoint. Enjoy!
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
3/4 c unsalted butter room temperature
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c light brown sugar packed
3 large eggs room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 c eggnog room temperature
Rum Simple Syrup:
1/2 c water
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tablespoon rum
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 1/2 c unsalted butter room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese full fat, room temperature
4 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg * ground, optional
White Chocolate Ganache:
3 ounces white chocolate chopped
1-ounce heavy whipping cream or eggnog
For the Eggnog Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour in three 6-inch cake pans.
3. In a mixing bowl, add baking powder, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Add butter into a stand mixer, then beat until the texture becomes smooth.
5. Add the sugars and beat until well blended.
6. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition.
7. Add vanilla and stir until well blended.
8. Add the eggnog and flour mixture, then beat until well mixed.
9. Transfer the batter into the pans and spread it evenly.
10. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
11. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
12. Use a fork to poke small holes over the cakes.
For the Rum Simple Syrup:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add water and sugar, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved completely.
3. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Add cream cheese and butter into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
2. Add powdered sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
For the White Chocolate Ganache:
1. In a microwavable bowl, add cream and the chopped chocolate. Place it inside the microwave and allow the mixture to melt
2. Stir until well blended.
3. Remove from the microwave and allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
1. Put a cake onto a serving plate, then spread 2/3 cup of frosting on top.
2. Repeat the process until all the cakes are arranged in layers.
3. Place it inside the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle nutmeg over as well as rosettes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 821kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 81g | Vitamin A: 1474IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!