Yield: 4 Servings
You haven’t had the best pie if you haven’t tried this Eggplant Tomato Pie yet! Let me share this recipe with you. It’s kind of a family recipe that I got from my mom. With this very basic set of ingredients, you will have the best pie to serve today! The taste of the tomatoes combined with the rest of the ingredients is superb! You have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you!
Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp pesto
2 cloves garlic
1. Slice the peeled eggplant into cubes.
2. Put a pot with water on the stove, then turn the heat to medium. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the eggplant cubes, then cook until soft. Drain.
4. Add the cooked eggplant into a mixing bowl, then mash them.
5. Add egg, melted butter, onion slices, pesto, bread crumbs, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
6. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
7. Apply cooking spray to a pie pan.
8. Slice one tomato, then scatter them at the bottom of the pan. Arrange them in a single layer.
9. Put the eggplant mixture over the tomato slices.
10. Slice the other tomato, then scatter the slices over the eggplant mixture layer.
11. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and freshly chopped parsley on top.
12. Place the pie inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top turn golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. Reheat in the microwave.
Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 111 | %Daily Value* Total Fat 6g 8% | Saturated Fat 2.5g 12% | Cholesterol 49mg 16% | Sodium 66mg 3% | Total Carbohydrate 12.5g 5% | Dietary Fiber 5.5g 20% | Total Sugars 6.6g | Protein 3.9g | Vitamin D 6mcg 29% | Calcium 45mg 3% | Iron 1mg 4% | Potassium 470mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!