Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to my friends. It is just too perfect to keep to myself. With this very basic set of ingredients, you will surely have the best cake today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am certain that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 box Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
1 cup of cake flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream, room temp
1 stick butter, room temp
5 Eggs, room temp
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter flavouring
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a tube pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to the cake. Beat until just mixed.
4. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
5. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
6. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
7. Meanwhile, add the lemon juice and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
8. Remove the glaze over the cake.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!