Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
You will never get disappointed with this recipe, I’m telling you! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Give this one a try now and prepare to be amazed! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
16 ounces baby Bella mushrooms thickly sliced
1 small or 1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
4 medium garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dry thyme if you must
4 6 ounces each filet mignon steaks (about 1 1/2″ thick)
1/2 c Barefoot Merlot
1 1/2 c low sodium beef broth
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil, then allow them to melt and become hot.
3. Add the mushroom slices and sauté until tender.
4. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
5. Add the garlic, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Sauté until aromatic.
6. Remove everything from the pan onto a clean plate.
7. Use paper towels to wipe clean the pan.
8. Use paper towels again to pat dry the steaks, then season with salt and pepper.
9. In the same pan, add butter and oil. Allow them to melt and become hot.
10. Add the steaks and sear each side for 5 minutes or until brown.
11. Remove the steaks from the pan onto the plate with the mushroom mixture.
12. In the same pan, add 1/2 cup of Merlot and allow it to boil for at least 3 minutes. Scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
13. Add 1 1/2 cups of broth, then allow it to boil for about 5 minutes.
14. Add 1/2 cup of cream. Stir and cook until thick.
15. Put the steaks and mushroom mixture back in the pan. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
16. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!