Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Chicken cooked to perfection and smothered in a delicious sauce! That’s what you need to eat today, I’m telling you! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs. onions, sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 c beef broth or chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp thyme, chopped
3 tbsp butter
1 cup gruyere, grated
1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs (optionally boneless and skinless)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp flour
1. Put a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes or until a bit caramelized and translucent.
4. Add flour, thyme, and garlic, then sauté for one minute or until aromatic and to remove the raw taste of the flour.
5. Pour in 1/2 of the broth, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes.
7. Put another pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
8. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken, then rub each until well coated.
10. Put the chicken into the hot pan, then sear each side for 2 to 4 minutes or until they turn brown.
11. Add the rest of the broth, then stir until well blended.
12. Add mustard and balsamic vinegar, then stir again until well incorporated.
13. Simmer the mixture for a couple of minutes until it reduces its volume.
14. Add the onions into a heat-proof pan.
15. Arrange the chicken over the onions in a single layer.
16. Spread the broth over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminium foil.
17. Put the pan inside the preheated oven and bake the French Onion Chicken for about 20 minutes or until done.
18. Remove the foil cover, then sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
19. Broil for a few minutes until the cheese turns golden brown.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 473, Fat 23.7g (Saturated 11.3g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 118mg, Sodium 708mg, Carbs 29.5g (Fiber 5.4g, Sugars 10g), Protein 40.6g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!