Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These pork chops smothered in a luscious sauce are what you just might need today! Serve these bad boys over rice and you have yourself a meal to remember! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed by these French Onion Pork Chops. Enjoy!
4 pork chops centre-cut, bone-in
Salt/Pepper, to taste
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp olive oil
4 slices gruyere or swiss cheese, optional
French Onion Sauce
6 tbsp Butter, Separated
2 large yellow onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 tbsp flour
8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/3 c dry white wine
1 ¼ c chicken broth
1 sprig fresh Thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
For the Pork Chops:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Season with salt and pepper the pork chops. Coat each with flour, then shake off any excess.
3. Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the pork chops and sear each side for about 2 minutes.
6. Remove the pork chops from the skillet onto a baking sheet.
7. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until done.
For the French Onion Sauce:
1. Add 4 tbsp of butter into the same skillet, then allow it to melt on medium-low heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until caramelized. Make sure to stir from time to time.
3. Add the rest of the butter and mushrooms. Saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
5. Add 1 tbsp of flour and toss everything until well mixed.
6. Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the brown bits.
7. Simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add the fresh thyme and chicken broth. Stir until well mixed. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Put the pork chops into the skillet and toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 915mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 549IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!