Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 Servings
This is a must-try recipe that everyone is going to love! This French-Toast Casserole is my ultimate comfort food! In just an hour, it is ready to be devoured. Enjoy!
2 c milk (full fat or 2%)
6 large Eggs
1 1/4 c light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c unsalted butter
Icing sugar, to dust
1 loaf thick sliced bread about 2-inches thick, (1.4 pound or 650 g loaf)
Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi fruits, pineapple, bananas, or any other fruit to serve.
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Place a small pot on the stove and turn the heat to low.
3. Add butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add 1 cup of brown sugar, then stir until well blended. Simmer the mixture for abour a minute.
5. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly on the bottom.
6. In a mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
7. In another mixing bowl, add nutmeg, cinnamon, and the rest of the brown sugar. Stir until well mixed.
8. Lay the bread into the baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
9. Add 1/2 of the egg wash on top of the bread and spread it evenly.
10. Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture on top. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients ending with the brown sugar mixture.
11. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Place it inside the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes or overnight.
12. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
13. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
14. Place the casserole inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
15. Remove the foil cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
16. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the icing/powdered sugar on top.
17. Serve with syrup. Enjoy!
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!