Prep: 30mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1hr15mins | Serving: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Who wouldn’t love the combination of fresh asparagus and chicken in one casserole? It is a staple in my family. For a second, do you know the origin of the word casserole? I do a little research because we get that question a lot. It originated from France and originated from the French word “casse,” meaning pan.
This Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole is easy to make and perfect for a family dinner on a weekday. It seems like I am thinking about this week’s one pot/skillet meals, and why shouldn’t I be? They are easy to make, minimal to wash dishes, and usually enjoyable meals that everyone seems to enjoy.
(1) (8 oz) package Noodles, egg, dry, enriched
(1 ⅓) tbsp Oil, olive, salad or cooking
(1) onions, raw
1 cup of chicken, roasting, light meat, meat only, cooked, roasted
(1) peppers, sweet, red, raw; red bell pepper
(2) stalks Celery, raw
1 cup Swanson Clear Chicken Broth CAM
1 ½ cups Cream, sour, cultured
½ tsp Spices, oregano, ground
1 pound Asparagus, raw
8 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. Cook noodles for 5 minutes in a large pot of boiling water, or until almost tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
3. Heat over medium add and heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add and cook the onion for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken, red bell pepper, celery, and chicken stock. Let it boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and oregano.
4. Spread half of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Arrange the asparagus over the chicken, and then spread cooked noodles evenly over the asparagus and top with 5 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining chicken mixture, and sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly brown.
Per Serving: 376.4 calories; 76.6 mg cholesterol; 322.8 mg sodium; 17.3 g protein; 32.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!