Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
It is my pleasure to share this recipe with you today! These Fried Shrimp Balls will surely make your day extra special! A big thanks to my very good friend, Andy, for sharing this recipe with me because now, I get to share it with you as well. How awesome is that? Well, here you go, friends! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! You are more than welcome to add more ingredients if you like. Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp oil or some pork fat
1 pound (0.4 kg) shelled and deveined shrimp, defrost
1 tsp sugar
3 dashes white pepper powder
1 Egg white, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt or fish sauce
8 pieces spring roll wrapper (8-inch square)
1. Add egg white, shrimp, fish sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, sugar, and cornstarch into a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
2. Fold the wrappers, then use scissors to cut them into thin strips.
3. Place the strips onto a cutting board.
4. Shape the shrimp paste into small balls, cover them with the wrappers, and roll.
5. Remove excess strips. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Place a deep fryer on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add the shrimp balls and cook for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
9. Transfer the shrimp balls onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
10. Serve right away with Thai sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories171 | Total Fat6g | Saturated Fat3g | Cholesterol286mg | Sodium1487mg | Carbohydrates5g | Fiber1g | Sugar1g | Protein24g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!