Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
These delicious potatoes are so good! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
32 ounces bag shredded hash browns, thawed and patted dry
1 stick butter
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
16 ounces sour cream, equal to 2 cups
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 dash hot sauce
2 c cheddar cheese, separated (I use half mild half sharp)
2 c ridged potato chips, slightly crushed
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 3 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
5. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
6. Add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
7. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
8. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese for later use, then add the rest into the pan. Stir until well mixed.
9. Add the potatoes and stir until well mixed.
10. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
11. Empty the bowl into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
12. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
13. In a mixing bowl, add the potato chips, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Stir until well mixed.
14. Spread the mixture on top of the potatoes.
15. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
17. Sprinkle chives on top.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 269mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!