Oh, my! I never thought that this recipe is this good! I have had a lot of sandwiches in my life, but this one just became my favourite! The combination of all the ingredients is just too perfect! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this even better! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
½ c unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ c finely chopped basil
¼ c finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon garlic paste (or 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely)
Italian Sausage Mixture:
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 14 ounces can of tomato sauce
¼ c red wine
salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped basil
4 sandwich or hot dog buns
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
8 slices of provolone cheese
chopped red onion and basil for garnish
1. In a mixing bowl, add the butter, basil, parsley, and garlic paste. Stir until well combined.
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sausage and cook until crumbly and brown.
3. Add the red wine and tomato sauce. Stir until well mixed, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from the heat, then add chopped basil and salt. Stir until well blended.
5. Brush the top and inside for the buns.
6. Toast the buns, then top each bun with mozzarella cheese.
7. Top each bun with the Italian sausage mixture.
8. Put 2 provolone cheese slices over the Italian sausage mixture.
9. Place them inside the oven and broil for a few minutes until the cheese has melted completely.
10. Remove from the oven and sprinkle freshly chopped onions on top.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!