Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 4 Servings
The rich flavours infused in this Garlic Chicken Piccata are superb! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try, I’m telling you! A big thanks to my dear friend, Alex, for this recipe. I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection if it weren’t for you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
3 chicken breasts halved
1/3 c flour
2 tbsp butter
1 head of garlic roasted
1/2 c capers drained from juice
2/3 c wine
2/3 c chicken stock
2 tbsp lemon
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley minced
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Wrap the garlic bulbs in foil, then drizzle olive oil on top.
3. Place it inside the preheated oven and roast for about 40 minutes.
4. Cut each chicken breast into two, then season each side with salt and pepper.
5. Coat each chicken slice with flour. Shake off any excess.
6. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add the chicken slices and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
9. Remove the chicken slices from the pan onto a clean plate.
10. Remove the garlic bulbs from the oven, then remove the garlic cloves from the bulb.
11. Add the roasted garlic cloves into the same skillet.
12. Add wine and stock. Stir until well mixed. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
13. Add lemon juice and capers. Stir until well blended. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
14. Put the chicken slices back to the skillet and toss until well coated with the sauce.
15. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
16. Serve over rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Make sure to pound the chicken breasts into thin pieces.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 913mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!