Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins
This cake is superb! I love every bite of this luscious cake. Oh, man, you have got to give it a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure you can do a lot with this very easy recipe. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 package baker’s German sweet chocolate (4 oz)
1/2 cup water
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, then measured
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large Egg yolks, room temperature (reserve whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
4 large Egg whites, beaten to form stiff peaks
COCONUT PECAN FILLING AND FROSTING
1 can(s) evaporated milk 12 ounces size (not sweetened condensed)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
4 large Egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
7 ozs baker’s angel flake coconut
1 1/2 cups broken pecans
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift 2 cups of flour.
4. Add salt and baking soda, then stir until well mixed.
5. Place the chocolate inside the microwave and heat it until melted completely.
6. Crack the eggs and separate them. Add the egg whites into a mixing bowl, then beat until it forms stiff peaks.
7. In another mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Beat until well mixed.
8. Add the egg yolks gradually and beat every addition.
9. Pour the melted chocolate into the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
10. Add vanilla and stir until well blended.
11. Transfer the flour mixture and buttermilk, then stir with a spatula until well mixed.
12. Add the egg whites and beat until well combined.
13. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
14. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
15. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
To Make the Frosting:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
3. Cook the mixture for about 12 minutes or until thick.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the pecans and coconut. Stir until well blended.
5. Spread the mixture on top of the cake.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!