Yield: 8 Servings
All you need for this recipe are these simple ingredients! This Beef and Cheese Empanada is to die for, I’m telling you! Give this recipe a try and taste perfection yourself. Enjoy!
⅓ c shredded cheddar cheese (35 g)
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp yellow mustard
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 sheets of pie dough
½ tsp pepper
1 pound ground beef (455 g)
2 tsp salt
1 c onion (150 g), diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onions, then sauté for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Season with 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp of salt to taste. Move the meat mixture into a large mixing bowl.
5. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
6. In a mixing bowl, add mustard, cheese, 1 tsp salt, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
7. Unroll the pie crust, then divide it into quarters.
8. Spoon the stuffing and drop it on one side of each dough slice. Make sure to leave at least 1/4-inch space, then fold and form it into a triangle.
9. Crimp the sides of the triangle with a fork. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Place the empanadas onto a baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
11. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of each empanada.
12. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the empanadas for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
13. Remove the empanadas from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories 426 | Fat 25g | Carbs 29g | Fiber 1g | Sugar 1g | Protein 18g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!