Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Yield: 2 hrs | Total Time: 12 Servings
I love this Glutted-Free Carrot Cake so much! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today because I know that you are going to love it as well! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! By the way, don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers. I am sure that they are going to love it as well. Have a blessed day, everyone. Enjoy!
FOR THE GLUTEN FREE CAKE:
3 c Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour plus additional for dusting pans
3/4 c raw walnuts or pecans plus additional for decorating the cake
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmegs
Pinch ground cloves
5 large Eggs
3/4 c packed dark brown sugar
1/3 c pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 c shredded carrots about 4 medium or 10 ounces
½ c canola oil
3/4 c shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 c raisins
FOR THE FROSTING:
8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
2 to 3 c powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp pure almond extract
¼ tsp kosher salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper two 8-inch cake pans, then apply cooking spray on it.
3. Sprinkle the prepared cake pans with almond flour.
4. Arrange the nuts onto a baking sheet.
5. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes or until aromatic.
6. Allow the nuts to cool, then finely. Set aside 3/4 cup for the batter.
7. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, almond flour, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
8. Mix eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
9. Add vanilla and maple syrup. Beat until well blended.
10. Use paper towels to pat dry the carrots.
11. In a mixing bowl, add the carrots, coconut, oil, and chopped nuts. Toss until well combined.
12. Transfer the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat until well mixed.
13. Add 1/2 of the carrot mixture, flour mixture, the rest of the carrot mixture, and flour. Beat until well mixed.
14. Fill the prepared pans with the batter and spread it evenly.
15. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
17. Meanwhile, make the frosting by mixing butter and cream cheese until well blended.
18. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar at a time and beat every addition until soft peaks form.
19. Add the almond, salt, and vanilla. Beat again until well blended.
20. Place it inside the fridge.
1. Flatten the top of 1 cake, then spread about 1/3 of the frosting over it.
2. Place the second cake over the first one, then spread the rest of the frosting over it as well.
3. Sprinkle the reserved nuts on top for garnish.
4. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING: 1(of 12), CALORIES: 588kcal | CARBOHYDRATES: 57g | PROTEIN: 11g | FAT: 38g | SATURATED FAT: 9g | CHOLESTEROL: 83mg | POTASSIUM: 316mg | FIBER: 6g | SUGAR: 42g | VITAMIN A: 3659IU | VITAMIN C: 2mg | CALCIUM: 149mg | IRON: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!