Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 20mins | Additional: 4 hrs 10 mins | Total: 4 hrs 35 mins | Serving: 8 | Yield: 1 10-inch pie
Grandma Emma’s Fudgy Chocolate Pie is a great homemade chocolate pie, rich and decadent, made from scratch. The perfect solution when you crave something sweet ad delicious. This dessert is the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving Pie in the fall.
The chocolate pie made by grandmother was out-of-this-world delicious, and it’s something that we look forward to when we have family gatherings. As someone with a sweet tooth, the pie’s sweetness is great, and it will surely satisfy you. I recall how excited I am to meet my grandma, and she visited us because my mom told her I fall in the stairs and couldn’t walk for the next three weeks. The first thing she told my parents when she arrived was to remove the stairs, then went straight to my room and secretly gave me the pie.
1 ½ cups Sugars, granulated
(5) large egg, yolk, raw, fresh
1 cup milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
½ cup Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
5 tbsp Cornstarch
½ tsp Salt, table
2 cups Cream, fluid, half and half
1 tbsp butter, with salt
1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
(1) (10 inches) Pie crust, cookie-type, prepared from recipe, graham cracker, baked
1. Cream sugar and yolks in a large saucepan. Add milk, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt; whisk until no lumps remain. Add half-and-half and heat over medium heat until filling thicks, about 20 minutes, whisking constantly.
2. Turn off heat when filling starts to bubble; continue to stir for a minute. Remove thickened filling from the warm burner. Add butter and vanilla extract until melted and well incorporated, stirring well. Let filling sit to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir the filling well and pour into graham cracker crust, smoothing the top with a spatula. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours uncovered.
You may use whipped cream to serve this, or any topping of your choosing.
Per Serving: 475.9 calories; 156.7 mg cholesterol; 381.6 mg sodium; 6.9 g protein; 70.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!