Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This luscious cake is what you might need today! Try this very simple recipe and prepare to fall in love! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, white
1/3 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
3/4 cup I use vegetable oil or coconut oil (updated from original)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, I use pure and a tad less on measure
2 teaspoons vinegar
MY CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 package cream cheese softened (8 oz)
1/4 cup butter, you can use margarine in a pinch but use butter!
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup bakers cocoa (I love Hershey’s but use what you like)
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Add oil, vanilla, water, and vinegar. Stir until well blended.
3. Apply cooking spray in a 13x9x2-inch cake pan.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
For the Frosting:
1. Add butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
2. Add milk, vanilla, cocoa, and salt. Stir until well blended.
3. Spread the frosting all over the cooled cake.
4. Let it rest for a few minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Try melting the butter first before mixing with the rest of the ingredients for the frosting.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!