Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. I remember my Aunt used to make this all the time! She taught me this recipe when I was about 12 years old. Now, I get to share it with you as well. How awesome is that? I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most wonderful day, friends. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
3 c sugar
1 c margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 ½ c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 c buttermilk
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 165 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. Add sugar and margarine into a large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy.
4. Add eggs gradually and beat every addition until well mixed.
5. Add the vanilla and stir until well blended.
6. In another mixing bowl, add baking soda, flour, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
7. Transfer the mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture. Beat until well combined.
8. Add buttermilk and stir until well blended.
9. Add the mashed bananas and stir until well combined.
10. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
11. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
12. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 545.4 | Protein: 7.3g 15% | Carbohydrates: 92.6g 30% | Dietary Fiber: 2.5g 10% | Sugars: 58.6g | Fat: 17.3g 27% | Saturated Fat: 3.4g 17% | Cholesterol: 62.8mg 21% | Vitamin A Iu: 787.8IU 16% | Niacin Equivalents: 4mg 31% | Vitamin B6: 0.3mg 17% | Vitamin C: 5.4mg 9% | Folate: 87.6mcg 22% | Calcium: 47.1mg 5% | Iron: 2.2mg 12% | Magnesium: 28.8mg 10% | Potassium: 312.7mg 9% | Sodium: 479.6mg 19% | Thiamin: 0.3mg 33% | Calories From Fat: 156.1
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!