Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 55mins | Total: 1 hr 15 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
It was the recipe for my Grandmother, as the title suggests. Depending on what I got in the fridge, I’ve tweaked the amount of cheese and sour cream, and it always turns out great. She was the best cook for me, and whenever we visit them, I will always ask her for this dish. This recipe brings many memories of when I was young, memories with my grandparents, which I still hold in my heart because they were the ones who motivated me to be a better person. This recipe just needs basic ingredients that you might have in your kitchen right now, and then the result will make your droll.
1 pound ground beef
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (8 oz) package egg noodles
1 cup sour cream
1 (3 oz) package cream cheese
(1) large white onion, diced
½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Add and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes, drain and discard grease. Add and mix sugar, salt, garlic salt, and tomato sauce into ground beef, simmer until flavors blend for about 20 minutes. Then remove from heat, cover skillet, and cool to room temperature.
2. Let a large pot boil with lightly salted water. Then cook egg noodles in the boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cool slightly.
3. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
4. Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion in a bowl.
5. Add and scoop half the noodles into the prepared casserole dish, top with half the sour cream mixture. Then spoon half the ground beef mixture atop sour cream layer. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, and add and top casserole with Cheddar cheese.
6. Bake it until Cheddar cheese has browned for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
Per Serving: 519.2 calories; fat 29.8g 46% DV; cholesterol 120.1mg 40% DV; sodium 1596.6mg 64% DV; protein 24.5g 49% DV; carbohydrates 39.4g 13% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!