Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 7 hrs 15 mins | Additional Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 7 hrs 45 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This stuffed cabbage is the reason why I love to eat veggies! A big thanks to my sister for this recipe. I am so glad that I gave this a try because I never would have tasted perfection! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 head cabbage
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ c uncooked white rice, rinsed
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork sausage
1 Egg, beaten
1 (32 oz) can tomato juice
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes or until the leaves detach.
3. Separate the leaves and allow them to cool completely. Set aside about 1 1/2 cup of water for later use.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the garlic and onion, then saute until aromatic and soft.
7. Add the wet rice and stir until well mixed. Cook for a minute.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
9. In a large mixing bowl, add the sausage, beef, and egg. Stir until well mixed.
10. Add the cooled rice and stir again until well combined.
11. Stuff each cabbage leaf with the mixture, then roll each.
12. Arrange the cabbage rolls on the bottom of the slow cooker.
13. Pour the tomato juice over the rolls.
14. Pour the reserve water over the tomato juice.
15. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook for about 30 minutes on a high setting.
16. Reduce the heat to low, then cook for another 6 1/2 hours.
17. Serve hot and enjoy!
Feel free to use vegetable juice instead of tomato juice.
Cook on the stove for about 45 minutes.
Calories: 403 | Protein: 22.4g 45% | Carbohydrates: 30.6g 10% | Dietary Fiber: 4.9g 20% | Sugars: 10.1g | Fat: 21.7g 33% | Saturated Fat: 7.5g 37% | Cholesterol: 91.2mg 30% | Vitamin A Iu: 690.2IU 14% | Niacin Equivalents: 9.6mg 74% | Vitamin B6: 0.6mg 39% | Vitamin C: 78mg 130% | Folate: 139mcg 35% | Calcium: 103.2mg 10% | Iron: 3.6mg 20% | Magnesium: 52.8mg 19% | Potassium: 841.5mg 24% | Sodium: 884mg 35% | Thiamin: 0.5mg 55% | Calories From Fat: 195.3
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!