Thanks, Grandma! This recipe I am sharing with you today is my comfort food! Whenever I feel down, I just make and eat this cake. Everything just feels so good after. I have listed all the things you will be needing so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
3/4 c (12 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
3 3/4 c flour (I used a mix of einkorn and organic all-purpose flour, but you can use all all-purpose if you don’t have any einkorn.)
2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 c molasses*
1 1/2 c hot water
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Place butter into a heat-proof bowl, then put it inside the microwave and heat it until melted completely. Remove and allow it to cool.
3. Add the eggs and sugar into the cooled butter, then beat until well blended.
4. In another mixing bowl, add flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
5. In another mixing bowl, add hot water and molasses. Stir until well mixed.
6. Transfer the flour mixture and molasses into the butter mixture, then stir until well mixed.
7. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
8. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to drizzle icing over the cake.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!