Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
A big thanks to my grandma for giving me the recipe for this spectacular meatloaf! Now, allow me to share it with you as well! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try! Family lunch or dinner will be awesome again with this Granny’s Classic Meatloaf! Have a great one, friends. Enjoy!
1 medium-sized onion (diced)
1 tbsp butter
1 c panko bread crumbs
1 tsp kosher salt
1 c milk
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 lbs. ground beef
1 large Egg
1 tsp thyme
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ c ketchup
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet. This will help you clean easier.
3. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the onions, then sauté for a few minutes until a bit caramelized.
6. Add the garlic, then sauté until aromatic.
7. Remove the pan from the stove and allow the mixture to cool.
8. Add milk, ground beef, garlic, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, thyme, and salt into a large bowl. Use your clean hands to mix everything until just incorporated.
9. Transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread and shape it into meatloaf.
10. Run a knife on top of the meatloaf to create a crisscross pattern.
11. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
12. In a mixing bowl, add mustard, brown sugar, and ketchup. Stir until well blended.
13. Brush the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf. Make sure to coat it well.
14. Put it back inside the preheated oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
16. Serve warm and enjoy!
Make sure not to overmix the meatloaf.
Calories: 383 kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 432mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.9mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!