Greek Chickpea Salad, perfect salad for your meal prep, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, bell peppers, olives, tomatoes, onions and Feta with a fresh lemon vinaigrette.
This is one of those recipes that you can prepare ahead that can be served for the week. The best part about it is that there is nothing to cook! Made with a mixture of tasty fresh fruits and veggies and a fresh lemon vinaigrette topped with feta cheese and olives, it is just irresistible!
What makes this salad perfect to prepare ahead is that it can be saved in your refrigerator without worrying about it wilting since it doesn’t contain ingredients like lettuce. The chickpeas which are very popular in the Mediterranean diet are high in protein and fiber, they are also a perfect source of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals which is perfect as a lunch meal.
GREEK CHICKPEA SALAD VARIATIONS :
- If you are following a vegan or dairy free diet use vegan cheese instead of Feta.
- You can use white beans instead of chickpeas.
- You can use larger tomatoes instead of the cherry tomatoes.
- For a crunchy texture you can roast the chickpeas.
HOW TO MAKE IT :
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz Can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Diced Persian cucumber
- 1 Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 1/3 cups Grape tomatoes Halved
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup Red onion Sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz Fresh feta sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh oregano leaves Minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- In each of 4 containers, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing with each salad container.