Prep: 10 mins | Additional: 50mins | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 servings, 1 piece each
Spinach is something that our family enjoys eating if you’re a fan of spinach quiche, spanakopita, or any type of Greek-inspired, spinach-and-feta pie just like us, then you’ll probably love these easy-to-make squares. It is one of my favorites to bring to a potluck because it’s always a winner and everyone loves it. Usually, I double the recipe and bring two or put it in a casserole dish. It’s similar to a Spanikopita without the phyllo dough. This spinach pie is so versatile, either you serve it as a side dish or make it for lunch, or a light main dish with a side salad. It’s also quick to get ahead and can keep room temperature until ready to serve, and greatly freeze and reheat the leftover. Try this recipe for Greek Spinach and Cheese Quiche Squares, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
1 tbsp butter
(3) large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp Magic Baking Powder
(2) (300 g) packages of frozen chopped spinach, you must thaw and squeeze dry
2 cups Cracker Barrel Crumbled Feta Cheese with Oregano, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Black Pepper
2 cups Cracker Barrel Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1. Heat oven 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Bake butter in 9-inch square baking dish 2 minutes or until melted. Remove dish from oven; brush butter onto the bottom and sides of the dish.
3. Add and beat eggs with a mixer in a large bowl. Add flour, milk, and baking powder, mix until blended. Stir in spinach, cheeses, and onion. Then spoon into the prepared dish.
4. Bake it for 35 minutes. Let it stand 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
1. Cover it tightly with plastic to freeze any leftovers, and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then to reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and heat in the oven or microwave.
Per Serving: 211.1 calories; fat 12.8g 20% DV; cholesterol 61mg 20% DV; sodium 423.3mg 17% DV; protein 12.7g 25% DV; carbohydrates 11.9g 4% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!