Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30mins | Total: 40 mins | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
I don’t know if it is because I have grown up with great Mexican food, or because my mother likes to eat chilies, or because the taste of Mexican food is just such a nice thing, but I love green chilies and creamy cheeses. When you mix green chilis with pepper jack cheese and dry fajita seasoning, there is something a little magic that happens. Then, of course, you add some boneless, skinless chicken breasts because this is dinner, so that seems a little more “adult-like” then just slurping up all of the cheesy goodness. Serve it in tortillas with rice and beans, or if you want to make it a little lower carb, you can serve it over a huge pile of wilted spinach or other greens. You can then top it up with a dollop of sour cream, and you are good to go. I can guarantee it will taste pretty good any way you make it.
(4) breast half, (blank)s boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
1 (4 oz) can dice green chile peppers, drained
1 tbsp dry fajita seasoning
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9-inch square baking dish (or similar size) with cooking spray.
2. To form a pocket or purse, make a deep cut into the side of each chicken breast half, then stuff 1/4 cup of cheese and about a tbsp of the chilies onto each one. Close, secure with a toothpick so that the cheese does not escape while in the oven, then place the stuffed chicken into the baking dish. Add and season with Fajita seasoning, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilies over the top.
3. In the preheated oven, bake it uncovered for 30 minutes until the chicken juices run clear, and cheese melts and lightly brown.
1. If you’re concerned about spiciness, you can make your Green Chili and Cheese Chicken as spicy or as mild as it fits the tastes of your family. A mild green chili adds more flavor than fire, making it pleasant to your family.
Per Serving: 334.4 calories; fat 18.8g 29% DV; cholesterol 120.2mg 40% DV; sodium 792.4mg 32% DV; protein 35.4g 71% DV; carbohydrates 4.3g 1% DV
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!