Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
For a quick and easy recipe, try this Green Pepper Steak! I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort today! Serve it with rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
2 large bell peppers, cubed (red, green, or both)
1 large onion, sliced into wedges
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb sirloin or round steak, sliced thin against the grain
¼ c soy sauce, divided
2 large tomatoes, cubed (or several small)
2 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 c low-sodium beef broth
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp granulated sugar
Soy sauce for serving
Cooked rice for serving
1. Add sugar and 2 tbsp of soy sauce over the meat slices, then toss until well coated. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours, I recommend marinating the meat for 4 hours.
2. Add beef broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and cornstarch. Whisk until well blended.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add 1/2 of the meat, then cook each side for 2 minutes or until they turn brown. Transfer onto a clean plate. Repeat the process with the rest of the meat slices.
6. In the empty skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the onions, bell pepper, and black pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft a bit charred.
8. Turn the heat down to medium, then add the crushed red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
9. Add the meat slices back into the skillet as well as the broth mixture. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
10. Add the tomatoes, then stir until well mixed.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat.
12. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and black pepper over each serving.
13. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Calories: 159 kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 663mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1611IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!