Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 2 Loaves
Take those boring loaves to the next level with this spectacular recipe! I’m telling you that once you get a bite of this Hasselback Garlic Cheesy Bread, you will never be the same again, but in a good way! Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
1/3 lbs. Sharp White Cheddar or Any Other Cheese You Prefer
Olive Oil for Greasing Surfaces
1 c Warm Water
1/2 c Garlic Butter
1 envelope Active Dry Yeast 2 1/4 tsp
3 c Bread Flour
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp salt
1. Add honey, yeast, and water into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Allow the yeast to activate for about 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt gradually, then beat every addition until well blended. Allow the mixer to do combined everything for about 5 minutes until the texture of the dough becomes smooth.
3. Apply cooking spray into a large bowl, then place the dough in it.
4. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to double its size for an hour.
5. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, then press it. Slice the dough into two.
6. Shape each dough into a long baguette. The same size as a cookie sheet.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and allow them to rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
9. Remove the plastic wrap, then place the dough inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
10. While the bread is baking, melt butter and thinly slice the cheese.
11. Remove the bread from the oven, then brush each with the melted garlic butter.
12. Put them back in the oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until they become golden brown.
13. Remove the loaves from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
14. Make shallow slits over the loaves, then brush each with the garlic butter again.
15. Fill each slit with a slice of cheese.
16. Put them back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
17. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Calories: 1421 kcal | Carbohydrates: 145g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 201mg | Sodium: 2048mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2175IU | Calcium: 587mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!