Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
Weeknight dinner will be extremely special with this delicious Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole! This recipe will only take you 35 minutes to prepare. How awesome is that? Try it now. Enjoy!
12 ounces broccoli – I used frozen cut broccoli
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (8 ounces)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 pound diced cooked chicken
3 tablespoons flour
1 c chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 c milk
8 ounces pasta
1/4 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook until firm to bite or al dente.
4. Add the broccoli and steam for 2 minutes.
5. Drain the water and rinse the pasta and broccoli with cold water to stop the cooking process.
6. Put a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
7. Add butter into the hot pan, then allow it to melt.
8. Add the garlic and onion, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and soft.
9. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute or until it turns into a roux.
10. Pour in the stock gradually, then stir every addition until well blended and smooth.
11. Add Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and milk. Stir until well blended. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
12. Remove the saucepan from the heat, then add 1 cup of shredded cheese and stir until melted and well blended.
13. Put the cooked pasta, cheese sauce, chicken, and broccoli into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Toss everything until well combined.
14. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the casserole for about 15 minutes.
15. Remove the casserole from the oven.
16. Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese on top.
17. Put it back inside the oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
18. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
19. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!