Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
In less than an hour, you will surely enjoy this spectacular dish! All you need is a skillet and these basic ingredients. Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love with these Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
Salt and pepper
Italian seasoning (divided)
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion diced
3 garlic cloves chopped
3-4 thyme sprigs (leaves only)
1 tablespoon flour for thickening the sauce
½ c white wine
1 c chicken stock
½ c heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add one tablespoon of oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on the chicken thighs.
5. Put the chicken thighs into the skillet and sear each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn brown.
6. Remove the chicken thighs from the skillet onto a clean plate.
7. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add the onion and saute until caramelized. This usually takes about 3 minutes.
9. Add the garlic, thyme, and Italian seasoning. Saute for another minute until aromatic.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of flour, then stir and cook for another minute.
11. Turn the heat up to medium-high, then pour in the wine and stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes.
12. Pour in the chicken stock and stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes. Add more seasonings if needed.
13. Put the chicken thighs back to the skillet and stir until well coated with the sauce.
14. Transfer the skillet inside the oven. Roast for about 35 minutes at 400 degrees F.
15. Remove from the oven, then garnish with fresh thyme.
16. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or roasted veggies. Enjoy!
Calories 500 | Calories from Fat 342 | Fat 38g 58% | Saturated Fat 13g 81% | Cholesterol 195mg 65% | Sodium 497mg 22% | Potassium 426mg 12% | Carbohydrates 5g 2% | Sugar 1g 1% | Protein 29g 58% | Vitamin A 460IU 9% | Vitamin C 2mg 2% | Calcium 39mg 4% | Iron 1.6mg 9%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!