Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
The sauce alone of this awesome dish will surely make you very satisfied! I have listed all the things you will be needing so just follow them for they will guide you to perfection! Serve these bad boys with the delicious sauce over rice or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
Salt and pepper
Italian seasoning (divided)
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion diced
3 garlic cloves chopped
3-4 thyme sprigs (leaves only)
1 tablespoon flour for thickening the sauce
½ c white wine
1 c chicken stock
½ c heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees c or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on the chicken thighs.
5. Put the chicken thighs into the hot skillet and cook each side for about 4 minutes or until they turn brown.
6. Remove the chicken thighs from the skillet onto a clean plate.
7. In the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add the onion and saute for about 4 minutes or until brown.
9. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and thyme. Saute until aromatic.
10. Add 1 tbsp of flour. Stir and cook for about a minute.
11. Pour in the wine and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
12. Add the heavy cream and chicken stock. Turn the heat to medium-high. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the volume of the sauce reduces. Add more seasonings if needed.
13. Put the chicken back to the skillet and toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
14. Transfer the skillet inside the oven and bake the chicken thighs for about 35 minutes.
15. Remove from the oven and garnish with thyme.
16. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Enjoy!
Calories 500 | Calories from Fat 342 | Fat 38g 58% | Saturated Fat 13g 81% | Cholesterol 195mg 65% | Sodium 497mg 22% | Potassium 426mg 12% | Carbohydrates 5g 2% | Sugar 1g 1% | Protein 29g 58% | Vitamin A 460IU 9% | Vitamin C 2mg 2% | Calcium 39mg 4% | Iron 1.6mg 9%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!