Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I love everything about this recipe. From the ingredients to the dish itself, it is just too perfect! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! Give it a try and prepare to be amazed. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones as well. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
Salt and pepper
Italian seasoning (divided)
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion diced
3 garlic cloves chopped
3-4 thyme sprigs (leaves only)
1 tablespoon flour for thickening the sauce
½ c white wine
1 c chicken stock
½ c heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on the chicken thighs.
5. Place the chicken thighs into the hot skillet and sear each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
6. Remove them from the skillet onto a clean plate.
7. In the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
8. Add the onion and saute until caramelized.
9. Add the garlic, thyme, and Italian seasoning. Stir and cook until aromatic.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and whisk until brown.
11. Add wine and stir until well blended.
12. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Simmer for a few more minutes.
13. Add the heavy cream and chicken stock. Stir until well blended.
14. Add more seasonings if needed.
15. Put the chicken thighs back to the skillet and toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
16. Remove the skillet from the stove and transfer it inside the preheated oven. Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes or until done.
17. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh thyme.
18. Serve with rice, roasted veggies, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Calories 500 | Calories from Fat 342 | Fat 38g 58% | Saturated Fat 13g 81% | Cholesterol 195mg 65% | Sodium 497mg 22% | Potassium 426mg 12% | Carbohydrates 5g 2% | Sugar 1g 1% | Protein 29g 58% | Vitamin A 460IU 9% | Vitamin C 2mg 2% | Calcium 39mg 4% | Iron 1.6mg 9%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!