Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
These delicious treats will surely make your day extra special! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. I remember my Grandma used to make these Hoe Cakes all the time! I learned a lot from her including this one. I am so grateful to her for this because now, I get to share it with you as well! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this very simple recipe even better! Okay, enough with the long introduction. It is time to go to your kitchen and start prepping. Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1/2 cup self-rising buttermilk cornmeal
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk, maybe a little more if needed
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, egg, cornmeal, and oil. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Add the milk gradually and stir until well mixed.
3. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan at a time. Cook each side for about 2 minutes or until done.
6. Remove the cakes from the pan onto a clean plate lined with a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!