Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 20 mins | Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
I have tried a lot of salads in my life, but this one will always be my favorite! I just love how all the ingredients complement well with each other. The Apple Cider Vinaigrette is the sure winner in this salad. Try it now! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go!
2 to 3 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 c pecan halves, toasted or candied
¼ c unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
¼ c apple cider vinegar
12 oz. salad greens, spring mix, baby spinach, arugula, baby romaine, or a combo of your favorites
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
¾ c dried cranberries or dried cherries
½ c light vegetable oil, such as sunflower or safflower, or extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
3 medium Honeycrisp apples (about 1 lb.), thinly sliced
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a mason jar, add honey, oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and apple juice or cider.
2. Seal the jar, then shake it until everything is well blended.
3. In a large resealable bag, add the apple slices and fresh lemon juice. Seal the bag, then shake it until the apple slices are well coated with the lemon juice.
4. Add pecans, blue cheese, dried cranberries, salad greens, and apple slices.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then toss until well coated.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You can mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended.
You can make this vinaigrette a day before using it. Just place it inside the fridge, then let it sit at room temperature before using. Shake well.
Let the toasted pecans cool at room temperature, then place them in an airtight container.
Make sure to always wash the veggies before using them.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!