Prep Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 2 Loaves
Make your favourite cup of coffee because the perfect bread is here! Oh, man, this Amish Sweet Bread is my all-time favourite! I am so happy that I finally learned how to make it. A big thanks to my friend, Anita, for this recipe! All you need to do is to follow these steps and you are good to go! The perfect bread for the perfect day! Feel free to add more to these ingredients if you wish. I know that you can do a lot to take this to the next level! Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 c water
2/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c vegetable oil
5 1/2 to 6 c All-purpose flour
1. Place 1/2 cup of water inside the microwave and heat for about a minute.
2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved completely into the hot water.
3. Add yeast and allow it to rise for 10 minutes.
4. Add oil and salt, then stir until well mixed.
5. Add flour gradually and whisk every addition until it becomes a non-sticky dough.
6. Form the dough into a ball.
7. Knead the ball of dough for 5 minutes onto a floured flat surface.
8. Apply cooking spray in a large mixing bowl.
9. Place the dough into the greased bowl, then cover it with a damp towel. Let it rise again for another hour.
10. Slice the dough into two even cuts.
11. Allow them to rise individually for 30 minutes more.
12. Place them inside the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!