Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Food for the soul! This Homemade Chicken and Dumplings will surely satisfy not only your hungry stomach but as well as your soul! The broth alone is more than enough for me! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love! Serve this hot on a rainy day, and you have yourself a meal to remember! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! For a spicy version, try adding chilli flakes or chilli oil when serving. I highly recommend you do so! Anyway, have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 cup water
1 tablespoon shortening
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2-3 cups all-purpose flour
1 medium chicken, whole
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
water, enough to boil and for broth
1. Place a large pot with enough water to submerge the chicken on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the chicken, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, and 3/4 tsp of salt. Cook until the chicken is tender.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot, then remove the bones and shred the meat into small pieces. Leave the broth boiling.
4. In a bowl, add shortening, baking powder, flour, 1 cup water, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
5. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Roll out to small pieces.
6. Put the strips into the pot with the broth. Cook for 20 minutes.
7. Put the shredded chicken back into the pot as well as more seasonings. Stir until well mixed.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!