Prep Time: 3 hrs | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 3 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
These Homemade Cinnamon Rolls will surely be the highlight of your day! Try this recipe now. I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort. Enjoy!
FOR THE DOUGH
5 c all-purpose flour separated (plus extra for rolling out the dough)
3 large eggs at room temperature
1/2 c unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into chunks
2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 c whole milk warmed (105-140°)
2 packages (or 5 tsp) of active dry yeast
FILLING and GLAZE
1/4 c unsalted butter, room temperature, separated
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
3/4 c firmly-packed light brown sugar
1 Egg, room temperature, slightly beaten
FOR THE ICING
1/4 c heavy cream
A pinch of fine sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 c confectioners powdered sugar
For the Yeast:
1. In a bowl, add warmed milk and yeast. Stir until well blended. Let the mixture rise for 5 to 7 minutes at room temperature.
For the Dough:
1. Add butter, sugar, eggs, and 4 1/2 cups of flour into the bowl with the yeast mixture. Stir until just combined.
To Knead the Dough:
1. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then place the dough on it.
2. Knead the dough until the texture becomes smooth. Add more flour if needed.
3. Drizzle oil into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the prepared dough into the prepared dough, then cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise for another 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
For the Rolls:
1. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Add the cracked eggs and 1 tbsp of water into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the filling. (Cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.) Whisk until well blended.
4. Place the dough onto a flat surface, then slice it into two.
5. Use a rolling pin to turn each dough into a 12×14-inch rectangle.
6. Add butter and brush it evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture on top.
7. Brush the edges of the dough with egg wash.
8. Roll the dough from end to end. Slice the roll into 6 even cuts. Repeat the process with the second dough.
9. Cover the rolls and allow them to rise for another 40 minutes.
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Brush each roll with the egg wash.
3. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
4. Remove from the oven and allow the rolls to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
For the Icing:
1. Add cream, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
2. Pour the mixture on top of the rolls.
3. Serve right away. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!