Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe, then you came to the right page! This Homemade Hamburger Helper will surely satisfy all your cravings today! Give it a try and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
1 tsp seasoned salt
2 c low sodium beef broth
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
½ c heavy cream
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 c pasta shells (can also use elbow pasta)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Place a large sauté pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the ground beef, then cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown. Transfer the ground beef onto a clean plate.
3. In the same pan with the accumulated fat, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
4. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds or until aromatic.
5. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
6. Add the beef broth, then stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
7. Add garlic powder, tomato sauce, pasta, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir until well blended.
8. Cover the pan with the lid, then cook the pasta for about 12 to 15 minutes or until al dente. Make sure to stir from time to time during the cooking time.
9. Add the cheese and cream, then stir until well blended. Put the ground pork back into the pan, then stir until well mixed. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add beef broth or water if you want more sauce.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 590 | TOTAL FAT: 35g | SATURATED FAT: 18g | TRANS FAT: 1g | UNSATURATED FAT: 13g | CHOLESTEROL: 152mg | SODIUM: 870mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 25g | FIBER: 2g | SUGAR: 4g | PROTEIN: 42g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!