Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These chicken wings are superb! The sauce alone is more than enough for me. Serve these chicken wings as is or with rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
For the Spice Mix
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp season salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
For the Honey BBQ Sauce
1 c BBQ sauce (I used the original recipe)
1/2 c honey
2 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s original)
3 tbsp apple juice or apple cider
4 lbs chicken wings, patted dry
2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Add all the ingredients for the spice mix into a small mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Add the chicken wings into your slow cooker, then season them with the spice mix. Toss until well coated.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the Honey BBQ sauce.
4. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken wings and toss them again until well coated.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 2 hours on a high setting or 4 hours on a low setting.
6. Mix cornstarch with cold water, then pour it into the slow cooker. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
To Broil the Chicken Wings:
1. Line aluminium foil on a baking sheet.
2. Put a cooling rack over the baking sheet.
3. Arrange the chicken wings onto the prepared cooling rack. Leave a space between each wing.
4. Broil for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
5. Flip the chicken wings and broil the other sides for another 3 minutes.
6. Put the chicken wings back to the slow cooker and toss until well coated with the sauce.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 420kcal (21%) | Carbohydrates: 37g (12%) | Protein: 23g (46%) | Fat: 19g (29%) | Saturated Fat: 5g (31%) | Cholesterol: 94mg (31%) | Sodium: 1130mg (49%) | Potassium: 319mg (9%) | Sugar: 31g (34%) | Vitamin A: 455IU (9%) | Vitamin C: 3.7mg (4%) | Calcium: 30mg (3%) | Iron: 1.6mg (9%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!