Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This is what I like to call food for the soul! I always feel good every time I have this Rotisserie Chicken Gravy! Perfect to go with mashed potatoes and ready in less than an hour! Just follow these easy steps they will guide you to perfection. Enjoy!
3 c water adds less for thicker gravy
3 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
3 tablespoons butter
1 whole rotisserie chicken
herbs of choice
1 rib celery
1 baby carrots
1. Remove the drippings from the chicken.
2. Debone the chicken by removing the meat from the bones.
3. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high.
4. Add the chicken drippings and bones. Allow the water to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, then simmer for about 30 minutes or an hour.
6. For extra flavor, add carrot, celery, and onion in the chicken stock. You can add herbs as well if you wish.
7. Discard the bones, then strain the stock to make it clear.
8. Add butter and flour into a heat-proof bowl, then place it inside the microwave and heat for about 30 seconds.
9. Remove from the microwave, then stir until well blended.
10. Add the mixture into the stock, then stir until well blended. Simmer until the stock becomes thick.
11. Add chicken bouillon, then stir until well blended. Allow the stock to boil again. Remove it from the stove.
12. Shred the chicken into small pieces, then add them to the gravy. Stir until well blended.
13. Serve hot over rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Enjoy!
If you have leftover chicken in the fridge, you can use that to make this recipe.
Calories 68 | Fat 6g 9% | Saturated Fat 4g 25% | Trans Fat 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1g | Monounsaturated Fat 1g | Cholesterol 15mg 5% | Sodium 73mg 3% | Potassium 34mg 1% | Carbohydrates 4g 1% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 1g 1% | Protein 1g 2% | Vitamin A435 IU 9% | Vitamin C 1mg 1% | Calcium 10mg1% | Iron 1mg 6%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!